Holiday house painting? Is that a thing? The holidays are fast approaching, and if you’re like me, that means you need to get a move on if you want to be ready for the holiday season. The best way to spruce up your home? Paint! I know it sounds daunting, but a fresh coat of paint will not only enhance the look of your home, but also make it smell fresh and clean. This blog examines ideas for holiday house painting. Follow (or Reject) Color Trends in Holiday House Painting
One of the best ways to get your home ready for entertaining is to paint it. The right color can make all the difference—it will make you feel comfortable, relaxed, and happy no matter what time of year it is. And if you’re going for a certain look or style that transcends seasons—like mid-century modern—you can always go back to those favorite colors again and again.
Choose Colors for Every Room:
- A color scheme for each room
- Shades that fit the style of your home
- Hues that fit your personality and the time of year
- Accent colors that match with your furniture to create an inviting and cozy atmosphere in each room
- If you hire a professional painter, such as Adam Roe Painting, we offer complimentary color consultation for exterior paint choice. And if you want to paint the interior, we work with a consultant who will bill you directly for your help with interior color choices.
Holiday House Painting: Create a Timetable
- Plan carefully
- Start with rooms you can’t use, such as bedrooms and bathrooms
- Buy enough paint to complete the job
- Allow sufficient time to complete the job.
- Enlist enough people (friends and family members) to get the job done.
Prep the Home
Clean the house. A clean home is a great start, but it’s not enough! You also want to remove any furniture or items from the room you will paint prior to starting. This will make it easier for you later and prevent any unwanted messes from happening in areas that have already been painted.
- Wash walls and windows. Doing so will help remove dirt, grime and residue from your walls and windows, making them much easier to prime in their original color come project time.
- Remove light fixtures & switch plates (if applicable). If you have removed everything else from your walls, this step should be simple! Just remember not only do they need to be unscrewed but they also need cleaned off before being put back up again once painting is complete.
Paint an Accent Wall
If you’re going to paint a wall, make it an accent. You can use any color you like but be bold and don’t shy away from contrasting colors. A bright shade will really make the room pop, while dark hues will create an intimate atmosphere in your home. If you want something more neutral, try painting a light and dark color together on one wall to add some visual contrast without being overpowering.
Prep Materials Needed to Paint (Rollers, Brushes, Trays, Painters Tape)
- Trays to catch the paint that drips off the roller and brush
- Painters tape (This is essential to protect the trim around your home.)
Get ready for the holidays by painting your house!
The easiest way to prepare your house for the holidays is to hire a team of professionals to handle the world for you. If you would like a free estimate, give us a call. In the meantime, Happy Holidays!
About Adam Roe Painting in Meridian, Idaho
Since 1985, Adam Roe Painting has provided the highest quality results and best customer service in the industry. Our professional crews can apply high-performance coatings to a wide range of surfaces. We understand the importance of preparing and coating surfaces to meet safety standards and stand the test of time. Our industrial floor coatings protect against harsh environments and corrosive materials often found in commercial settings. We offer custom color matching, a residential exterior warranty of 5 years, and a one-year warranty on commercial and industrial projects. Contact us online or call (208) 306-4240 to discuss your project. We look forward to working with you.